🚀 We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer! Are you ready to do meaningful work that makes an impact?
Who we are
Since 2013 esolidar has been on a mission to revolutionize positive impact. Esolidar delivers ESG and CSR management tools to some of the world’s most exciting companies. We help them do good and measure their actions through our easy-to-use and engaging platform, accessible to everyone, wherever and whenever they need it.
We do this by listening to the people we serve and acting on what we hear, creating the solutions they need.
We do this, and we do so much more…
We have a mission-driven culture of purpose and passion that makes a positive difference in the world. Our team is 100% remote and distributed between Portugal and Brazil.
Esolidar has served over 90,000 people in 4+ countries and companies like TAP Air Portugal, Rock in Rio, Accor Hotels, and Tetley.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer who would love to deliver elegant and intuitive web solutions for enterprise applications and is passionate about building products that create real change and improve people's lives. You will be a member of our agile team tasked with developing new features as well as maintaining and supporting the existing ones within our current and future products (we have plenty of ideas!). The ideal candidate must be self-directed and a fast learner, flexible enough to work on new technologies as well as on legacy components.
What you’ll do
- Work with software developers to create plans, tasks, time estimates, and timelines for delivery.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable OOP modules.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build solutions using test-driven development (TDD), including integration and API testing.
- Collaborate with Product managers, Product designers, Frontend/Backend engineers, and QA analysts towards common goals.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Mid Level Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team.
Who you are
- You live within the Brazilian or Portuguese timezone (UTC-3 to UTC+1);
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or similar.
- Previous working experience as a PHP/Laravel developer or other OOP programming language.
- 5+ years of experience in PHP/JAVA, Node.js, or similar.
- Integrating with 3rd parties via APIs.
- Good understanding of Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design.
- Firsthand knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g., code reviews, design patterns, algorithms, design documentation, unit testing, and agile methodologies)
- Software testing tools (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, etc).
- Hands-on leveraging Git workflows, Pipelines, and Static Scanning tools.
- Understanding of JSON and RESTful web services.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
It will be a nice plus if you have
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Experience in Microservices.
- Creative thinking, analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge to build and run Docker containers.
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD practices, for example, using AWS Amazon Cloud.
- Basic knowledge of monitoring APIs, including experience with Postman.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence).
Rewards & Benefits
- Flexible working hours (we trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team);
- Flexible working from home policy. We are 100% fully remote, and we will stay that way for the foreseeable future (we also have a physical office space in Braga, Portugal, if you prefer to work that way);
- Flexible sick leave policy (take the time you need to feel better or take care of a sick family member within reason);
- 22 days of paid vacation + 4 days off for Carnival, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and your birthday (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!);
- Matching donations program (when you donate money to a charity or equivalent, esolidar will make a matching gift to that charity on your behalf);
- A day for you to give back to the community (You can take one day off every year to volunteer for a charitable organization of your choice. Sometimes, we schedule these as a team)
- Meal Allowance;
- Career progression (we are currently building open and detailed career ladders);
- All equipment you may need. To build a great product, you need great gear (we’ll provide you with a computer, a monitor, accessories, and any software you need to do your job as well as possible);
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world (literally!).
Personal compensation management (you choose your benefits 🎉):
- Health and dental insurance.
- Technology spending in Apple and other tech stores.
- Childcare vouchers;
- Transport Card;
- Professional Training;
- Retirement & Investment;
- Health & Well-being;
- Senior Expenses;
- School Expenses;
- Exclusive discounts + tax-free products and discounted services from the likes of Apple, Holmes Place, etc...
A few points in closing…
- We’re constantly evaluating our perks to enhance them for our team, and we tend to provide some extras that are not listed here;
- Some of the perks listed above will be considered taxable income depending on how you use them and the tax laws aligned with where you reside.
Diversity and inclusion at esolidar
At esolidar, our mission is to improve lives through dependable and straightforward tools that help make a difference.
We’ve set an audacious goal: to make esolidar the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace on the planet.
We believe diversity drives innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, belief, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, or background.
As part of our positive strategy, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas. We strive to be mindful by being aware of our surroundings, acknowledging the impact others have on us and our impact on them.
Be yourself. We like it that way.